Attachment Focused Support
Supporting girls to feel safe, seen, soothed and secure The Lord Mayor's Charity of the Year 2018
Unveiling the true potential and unique value of girls through acceptance, care and love
Hannah Simnett is an award-winning leader, speaker and influencer, with a huge heart for young women and for every girl to know her true worth. Hannah founded Cherished in 2011, in response to her own personal experiences and seeing the attachment needs of young girls not being met.
‘I’ve always felt strongly about the need for girls to be understood and being a part of their journey to become strong, confident, young women.’
Hannah wrote the Cherished Course while she studied for a degree in Youth, Children’s and Community Work in Nottingham. She began delivering the course in secondary schools in 2011, to an overwhelmingly positive reception.
Cherished has flourished under Hannah’s leadership and inspirational determination to bring out the true potential and value of girls. We have now worked in over 35 schools across North Birmingham and the Midlands, have a dedicated team of 70 volunteers and continue to nurture the vision of every girl being able to access the support she needs to feel safe, seen, soothed and secure.
‘My heart’s desire is that Cherished allows girls to live their lives knowing that they were made with purpose and reason; they were created to be cherished and adored.’
Hannah is passionate about the effect of trauma on the brain, body and behaviour. Cherished’s mentoring services are attachment focused and all our volunteers are trained in Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) and Attachment Theory.
Over the last two years, Hannah has trained more than 5000 professionals on the front lines of our community. These include police officers, children’s charities, social and support workers and educators. If you want to join Hannah’s vision of a trauma-informed society, book our ACE training for your organisation or volunteer your time to mentor a girl in your local community.
- Winner of the Education Awards Charity of the Year 2019
- Winner of The Lord Mayor’s Charity of the Year Award 2018
- Winner of the Royal Sutton Coldfield Town Council Young Person of the Year Award 2017
- Winner of the Soroptomist International Inspiring Woman Award 2016
- Winner of the West Midlands Police, Women in Policing Special Recognition Award 2015
- Nominated for the West Midlands Police Diamond Awards Special Recognition Award 2015
- Winner of the Sutton Coldfield Local Special Recognition Award 2012