Supporting girls to feel safe, seen, soothed and secure
Cherished is a non-profit organisation providing attachment focused support for girls in Primary and Secondary schools across Birmingham. Our groundbreaking self-esteem workshops and mentoring schemes are committed to nurturing, empowering and developing the true potential of young girls.
Striving for a trauma informed society
Cherished is recognised as a leading trauma and attachment training provider in Birmingham and the Midlands. We have provided ACE training to West Midlands Police, national charities and a growing number of schools.
A safe space to share
We believe every girl should have the encouragement and support she needs to realise her full potential. Cherished offers attachment focused mentoring services for girls in small groups and 1:1, with our highly trained, dedicated mentors.
You’re Cherished is recruiting an experienced male Youth Worker to lead our ground breaking ROAR project for 16 hours per week.
Do you have:
- Level 3 JNC or relevant youth work qualification?
- Experience of working with boys and/or young males?
- Experience of organising small scale events or coordinating projects?
- Commitment and passion to make a difference to the lives of others?
- Lead, inspire and motivate?
- Build, develop and sustain professional relationships?
- Effectively promote our services, including the use of social media platforms?
- Organise, lead and develop courses, training events, away days etc.?
- 16 hours per week (which may be flexible)
- A supportive working environment where everyone is valued and cherished
- A role with huge potential to make a real difference
If you are interested in joining us then please contact us to request a job description and person specification at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherished is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to DBS checks and satisfactory references.